Monday, September 20, 2010

Am I Capable of Keeping it Between the Lines The CIty doesn't Think So!

When I was just a young'n my mother gave me a coloring book and over the next little while with some help I was able to learn to color without going over the line... Fast forward some years and I started driver training and once again I was instructed on how to keep my vehicle between the lines while driving.  This apparently was to be very valuable to one's safety, as crossing the line could cause a head on collision.  Also if you get to close to the guardrail the damage can be extensive.  So why you ask would this be an issue.... well just the other day I drove around circle drive from downtown and came across the construction zone where the speed has been reduced to 40km's and I had to ask myself what good does this do.  All the workers are entirely on the other side of the guardrail out of harms way and yes I understand there is now two way traffic.  But seriously does the City believe I am somehow unable to navigate this lane at 50-60 or even 70 to 90kph But no I must travel at a speed less than what happens on every other street in the city.  This again is just another control that these idiots want to perpetrate on drivers in the city.  When traffic is already having a problem with moving out of the downtown area, here they go and force everyone to stay well below what any reasonable driver should be able to handle.  This isn't a safety issue as traffic has no where to go but straight. No lane changing/ No off-ramps/ No bumps oops well none that aren't any worse than a typical street sorry to say.  So why then do we travel a snail's pace!!!  The only reason I can figure is they believe me or should I say all drivers to be unable to stay between the lines.  BTW the same type of traffic in Europe travels 140kph. 

Well back to my shell I have some coloring to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment