Friday, October 8, 2010

Riding the Rails or is it Reeling about the ride?

I have watched for days now the amount of road work that is getting done around the city with this great weather.  It truly is a blessing, however I am not sure why eighth street continues to have it's problems.  Yet again this major roadway is down to two lanes heading east.  Here it is a long weekend and one that many of us will be wanting to enjoy by getting out in the warm weather.  I wonder how many of the construction zones will be empty of workers but still have lanes blocked off or detours around them?  Ah and the "traffic division" is going to be out in full force this weekend.  What do they just work part time the rest of the week? I went through a school zone on Clarence Ave. today (one where it abuts a school that over 90% of the students ride the school bus .  Here the cops sit waiting for unsuspecting drivers to ticket.  Now I don't see a problem with enforcement but really I think it is all about the money.  Pick a school where there is an actual threat of a child getting hit.  I could name many. There is an upside though, with already the highest number of speeding/cellphone infractions we have ever seen the city coppers should be flush oops I mean coffers when it comes time to build that ivory tower of a new station they are looking for.

Have a great weekend and as always get home safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment